Choose Your Toppings

Friday, August 3, 2012

Flashback Friday: POGS

Recently a friend of mine threw a 90's themed party.  This was the ultimate flashback.  After doing a classic 90's girl hairstyle with tiny colored rubber-bands I threw on some jean shorts, converse sneakers, my vintage Theater Camp t-shirt (sadly my 'N SYNC tee was MIA), adorned myself in body glitter and was good to go.  Everyone came dressed in their best 1990's gear and the music was every 90's kid's dream playlist (if playlists existed back then):  Third Eye Blind, Chumbawamba, TLC.



A major highlight of the night happened when I revealed the contents of my backpack purse; small posters of Justin Timberlake and JC Chasez, Goosebumps books, a free Nickelodeon Slime key chain and...POGS!



So of course we sat down to play but spent so much time admiring the awesome pictures on the POGS that no game actually took place.  Some of my personal favorite POG designs include Disney movie scenes, shiny metallic abstract pictures, and the pink Power Ranger.

I'm still hoping to organize some sort of POG tournament in the near future, but until then I'll be keeping my collection save in its fancy POG holder case. 

Does anyone still have/play POGS? And which ones are/were your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment