Choose Your Toppings

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

It's no secret that I am a HUGE fan of midnight releases.  So last night where else would I be except seeing The Amazing Spider-Man (unfortunately not in costume)?

Now, I do not dislike the older Spider-man movies starring Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst.  They always did a good job of keeping me entertained, but as the movies went on the plots got progressively...less good. So the new reboot had me pretty excited, I love Emma Stone, Andrew Garfield is a babe, and after seeing the trailers I simply couldn't wait.  And let me tell you, it went above and beyond my expectations.

I'm no film buff so I am unsure of the fancy way to say this, but the camera angles over New York City were absolutely great; and the plot progressed well, I was never bored for even a second. 

As for the actors, Andrew Garfield plays troubled and quirky extremely well.  Not to mention he can be quite funny.  Perhaps it's just because he is ridiculously attractive but I personally felt that he was perfect as Spider-Man. Emma Stone likewise did a fantastic job as Gwen Stacy.  It was really a different type of role for her.  The comedic actress usually has awkward rambling monologues that have me shaking with laughter.  They sort of threw one of these in, in the form of a semi-uncomfortable father-daughter moment, that was in fact pretty funny. Overall I have to give many kudos to Emma and look forward to seeing her in more roles like this.

The supporting cast, including Sally Field, Martin Sheen, Denis Leary and Rhys Ifans, add to the awesomeness of the new Spider-Man movie.

It seemed that in the weeks leading up the the July 3rd release, The Amazing Spider-Man took a backseat to all the hype surrounding The Dark Knight Rises (to be released July 20th, 2012). And what a mistake that was.  I have no complaints about this movie; to The Amazing Spider-Man, I give you five stars.




No comments:

Post a Comment