Choose Your Toppings

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Farewell to Film

...cameras, that is.

If you know, you know that I'm behind the times when it comes to technology. It usually takes me at least a year to join the currently “cool” social networking site (and that doesn't include the time it takes for me to learn how to use it).  Computers and other fancy-pants things also scare me. So it’s no surprise that it took me a while to get used to digital cameras when they started making their debut. 

As someone that loves hanging pictures on my walls, putting up frames, and making photo collages, I did not like the idea of having to sort through a memory card to decide what made the cut.  Sorting through a stack of photos from a film camera that you don’t necessarily remember taking is way more fun.

Via Flickr

Don’t get me wrong, I realize the convenience of going digital. I just think it's sad that the new generations of high school students will never experience the thrill of going to Meijer the morning after a Homecoming or Prom Dance to develop their film and then excitedly examine photos with friends an hour later. Now you can instantly delete pictures that are deemed "not good enough." It's increasingly difficult to find a place nearby that still prints film. And of course, funny blooper pictures are now a thing of the past.

So goodbye to you, dear film cameras: you will be missed.  

Via Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment